Pfarrkirche Gaflenz

Gaflenz, Oberösterreich, Österreich

The parish church of Gaflenz with the patron saint St. Andrew is located in the centre of the municipality of Gaflenz. The parish church, built in the early Gothic style, was consecrated in 1140.



The charter of 24 October 1140 establishing the parish of Gaflenz is also the first documented mention of Gaflenz. The parish church was extended in 1464.
In 1948/49, Gothic frescoes depicting scenes from the life of the Virgin Mary were uncovered. In 1988/89, the church underwent extensive restoration and expansion.
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Free entry
  • voluntary contribution

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Pfarrkirche Gaflenz
Markt 89
3334 Gaflenz

Phone +43 7353 235
E-Mail pfarre.gaflenz@dioezese-linz.at
Web www.dioezese-linz.at/gaflenz
https://www.dioezese-linz.at/gaflenz

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA