St. Blasienkirche

Adlwang, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

The pilgrimage church of St. Blasien, in the parish of Adlwang, is a Gothic hall church. It has a single-nave nave with 2½ bays, a net-ribbed vault and a three-eighths closure. The windows are fitted with fish-bubble tracery. The portals in the west and south are neo-Gothic. The tower is a wooden ridge turret. The Knights of Rohr had this church built around 1348. The interior was created around 1700. The remarkable high altar was made in 1715 by the sculptor of Kremsmünster Abbey, presumably Johann Urban Remele. The painting on the high altar shows St Blasius with a candle and the woman whose pig he restored to her through his prayers, according to the legend. The paintings in the church are by Mathias Auhuber from nearby Bad Hall. The Gothic fittings on the door from the church to the sacristy are also noteworthy.

  • by arrangement

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


St. Blasienkirche
Grünburger Straße 117
4541 Adlwang

Phone +43 7258 7455
E-Mail gemeinde@adlwang.ooe.gv.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA