Leather House

Gmunden, Oberösterreich, Österreich
Mentioned in 1588 front decoration daten back to the late 18th century
Maria-Fresco
The house was first mentioned in a document in 1588. Owner was Jakob Podn, Lederer. Tanneries, as often back then, were located along the shore of rivers. In 1895 the master leather craftsman Franz Meingast and his wife Josefine, née Kitzmantel, bought the house which has been in family ownership ever since. Tannery until about 1900, leather and leather-goods retailer until 1964. Front decoration dating back to the late 18th century. Fresco “Maria – Mother of high hopes”. Box-type windows from the Biedermeier era.
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Leather House
Linzer Straße 5
4810 Gmunden

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA