District court

Gmunden, Oberösterreich, Österreich
The building was a former town castle named "Grueb"
From 1850 district court The archway between the house Marktplatz 9 and 11 is actually the entrance to the town castle “Grueb” (see also free holds). In 1820 the royal salt administrative authority took over the building and housed the royal forestry administration until 1839. From 1850 to 1853 the royal district administration and from 1854 to 1868 the district court were housed here. An arrest building was erected next to the house in 1854. Since 1868 the district court and jails are housed here. During the 1960ies the court rooms were rebuilt, the jail house was transferred to the state court Wels where inmates are held and the jail house was transformed into an administrative building.
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.


District court
Marktplatz 10
4810 Gmunden

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA