Hans-Leander-Prugkhner-Haus

Freistadt, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather

The corner house run by Hans Leander Prugkhner as a brewery and inn at the beginning of the 16th century also fell victim to the great fire of 1507. When the lack of breweries became too great in the middle of the 16th century, Georg Kollnöder, the owner of the property known at the time as house no. 111, was ordered to repair the brewery under threat of punishment. Kollnöder refused, however, and over time the former brewery and inn became a barracks for marching troops, among other things. The Vergeiner brothers got to know the building as a post office - the Freistadt post office was housed in this building for almost 100 years before it found its new location just outside the old town centre in 1992.

  • open to the public
  • Can only be viewed from outside

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Hans-Leander-Prugkhner-Haus
Waaggasse
4240 Freistadt

Phone +43 7942 72506 - 61
E-Mail stadtmarketing@freistadt.ooe.gv.at
Web freistadt.city/
https://freistadt.city/

Contact person

Stadtmarketing Freistadt
Hauptplatz 1
4240 Freistadt

Phone +43 7942 72506 - 61
E-Mail stadtmarketing@freistadt.ooe.gv.at
Web freistadt.city/

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA