Kremsmünsterer House

Linz, Oberösterreich, Österreich
The former town hall of the well-known Kremsmünster monastery is located at the "Old Market" in the Old Town.
According to legend, Emperor Friedrich III died in this house on August 19, 1493, having bequeathed it to Gotthard von Starhemberg. In 1507 the building was purchased by Kremsmünster monastery and then redesigned in the Renaissance style by Christoph Canevale between 1578 and 1580. The house was raised by Max Martin Spaz in 1616 and two round oriels with imperial domes were added. The building is now the property of the City of Linz and was fully restored in 1984/85.

  • opened daily
  • Can only be viewed from outside

Accessibility / arrival

Linz Linien: 1, 2, 3, 4, 50 - Hauptplatz

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.


Kremsmünsterer House
Altstadt 10
4020 Linz

Phone +43 732 7070 - 2009

Contact person

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA