Kalvarienbergkapelle Schwertberg

Schwertberg, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • Suitable for groups

The Calvary Chapel creates a typically Upper Austrian scene of a church on a hilltop, surrounded by a mosaic of fields. There are uninterrupted panoramic views of the lovely surroundings!

The Calvary Chapel was built in 1689 by Carlo Antonio Carlone. Adam Kholler had it erected out of gratitude for his wife who had given birth to a son. The Chapel and the Stations of the Cross leading to it were consecrated in 1689.

The most recent restorations of the Chapel and the Stations of the Cross date back to the year 1983. Sculptor Jakob Kopp conceived the design for the wayside shrines of the Stations of the Cross. The paintings that adorn the Chapel´s interior were created by the Linz-based artist Wolf Wutschl.

The Calvary Chapel can be visited from the outside anytime. If you wish to view the Chapel´s interior please contact the vicarage.

  • Registration required

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Suitable for groups

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Kalvarienbergkapelle Schwertberg
Friedhofstraße 8
4311 Schwertberg

Phone +43 7262 61209
Fax machine +43 7262 61209 - 7
Web www.dioezese-linz.at/schwertberg
http://www.dioezese-linz.at/schwertberg

Contact person
Pfarre Schwertberg

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA