Seminarkirche - Seminary Church

Linz, Oberösterreich, Österreich
The Roman Catholic priestly church is located next to today's Philosophical Theological College of the Diocese of Linz.
The seminary church was built between 1718 and 1725 by J.M. Pruner according to plans by Johann Lukas v. Hildebrandt for the Order of the German Knights. The elliptical central area with wall and ceiling decoration is by Paolo d'Allio. The high altar is by Hildebrandt, the altar leaf by Martin Altomonte. The side altars were painted by Joseph Schmidt.

Reception office hours:
Mon-Fri 7:45 am- 15:45 pm

In summer the reception is open Mon-Fri from 8 am- 12 pm

No mass. 

Closing day
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
  • holiday
Accessibility / arrival

Linz Linien: 1, 2, 3, 4, 45, 46 - Mozartkreuzung
41, 43 - Hessenplatz

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.


Seminarkirche - Seminary Church
Harrachstraße 7
4020 Linz

Phone +43 732 771205

Contact person
Seminarkirche (Priesterseminar)

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA