Parish Church of Wartberg o. d. Aist

Wartberg ob der Aist, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather

In 1508 the parish church was consecrated to the Virgin's Assumption.
The mainly Gothic church first appeared in historical documents in 1111. The foundation of the original church (made of wood) was not documented.

In 1128 the church was consecrated by the Bishop of Passau. The wooden church was replaced by a stone building and only after the Bohemian Wars the Gothic-style nave was added. The church´s most characteristic features are the hall featuring three naves and the outstanding rib vault built in 1508.

  • opened daily

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Parish Church of Wartberg o. d. Aist
Hauptstraße 5
4224 Wartberg ob der Aist

Phone +43 7236 37000
Fax machine +43 7236 370037
E-Mail marktgemeindeamt@wartberg-aist.ooe.gv.at

Contact person
Gemeinde Wartberg o. d. Aist

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA