Calvary Church

Freistadt, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • place with a special, natural energy

Calvary Church was built as a crypt chapel for the Zinispan family around 1370. The one-bay cross-ribbed vaulted choir has a 5/8 end. The nave has two aisles. In the choir we find the group of crosses of the Stations of the Cross and in the northern sacristy the 14th station.

The Way of the Cross to Freistadt was created by Franz Schneider in 1838-1840. It is an artistic late-Nazarene work. There is a Romanesque gravestone in front of the altar.

  • open to the public

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Calvary Church
St. Peter bei Freistadt
4240 Freistadt

Phone +43 7942 73278
E-Mail pfarre.freistadt@dioezese-linz.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA