Pfarrkirche Hochburg

Hochburg-Ach, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

The single nave Parish Church of Hochburg was one of the first late Gothic buildings ... ... constructed in "hexagon style".

The oldest part of the church is the Presbyterium that dates back to the foundation of the first parish of Hochburg in the 12th century.

Today´s church was erected in the middle of the 15th century. The walls are made of tufa and the interior is decorated in Baroque and late Gothic style. A lime wood relief depicting the death of Virgin Mary is the only original Medieval item still preserved and probably was created around 1490.

The organ was installed in 1962 to commemorate the 175th anniversary of Franz Xaver Gruber, composer of "Silent Night, Holy Night", the world´s best-loved Christmas carol.

08:00 am - 7:00 pm

  • opened daily

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Toilet facility
  • Food and drink available
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Pfarrkirche Hochburg
Hochburg
5122 Hochburg-Ach

Phone +43 7727 2255 - 12
Fax machine +43 7727 2255 - 20
E-Mail gemeinde@hochburg-ach.ooe.gv.at
Web www.hochburg-ach.at
http://www.hochburg-ach.at

Contact person

Gemeinde Hochburg-Ach
Athalerstraße 3
5122 Hochburg-Ach

Phone +43 7727 2255 - 12
E-Mail gemeinde@hochburg-ach.ooe.gv.at
Web www.hochburg-ach.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA