Pfarrkirche Maria Himmelfahrt

Münzkirchen, Oberösterreich, Österreich
The Münzkirchen parish church was first mentioned in a document in 1253. It belonged to the Passau cathedral chapter. In 1689, the church received a new statue of the Virgin Mary, which was carved by the Schärding sculptor Johann Klain and painted by the Schärding painter Hans Bernhard. In the first fire in 1719, the tower dome, 4 bells, the tower clock and the entire church roof were also destroyed by the flames. It is assumed that in 1720 the master mason Josef Hertl and the master carpenter Andreas Höretzhuber were the masters of the restoration of the parish church. In 1729, the oratory was erected, the sacristy enlarged and the altars renovated. In 1761 a completely new, beautifully crafted, well-framed high altar was erected and in 1766 a new pulpit was built. Extensive renovation work has been carried out between 1961 and the present day. In 1961, frescoes in the presbytery dating from the Gothic period were uncovered in the course of this work. In the same year, the rear gallery was also remodelled. One of the highlights of this work was the consecration of the organ (the organ was built by master organ builder Bruno Riedl, Linz) on 17 July 1982 by Diocesan Bishop Maximilian Aichern.
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Pfarrkirche Maria Himmelfahrt
Stiegl 4
4792 Münzkirchen

Phone +43 7716 7234
E-Mail pfarre.muenzkirchen@dioezese-linz.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA