Pfarrkirche Riedersbach

St. Pantaleon, Oberösterreich, Österreich
The Catholic parish of Riedersbach
The history of the parish of Riedersbach is closely linked to the mine in Trimmelkam. The settlement of miners in Riedersbach also made it necessary to establish a parish. The founder of the parish was Fr Josef Meindl, S.J., who came to Riedersbach for the first time at Easter 1951 to look after the emerging settlement and establish a parish.
On 11 May 1952, the first church service was celebrated in Riedersbach, in the attic of Block IX. From November 1952, the service was held in a bricklayer's hut belonging to the Preisinger company. Construction of the church began on 2 July 1953 according to the plans of architect Karl von Tobisch-Labotyn. By Christmas 1953, church services could already be celebrated in the adjoining parish hall. An important stage of construction was completed with the raising of the spire on 4 June 1854. On 2 October 1955, the church was consecrated by the then Bishop Coadjutor Dr Franz Zauner.
With the consecration of the bells on 17 November 1957, Riedersbach was elevated to the status of a parish, which gained full legal personality in 1962 and thus became independent. Today, the church in Riedersbach is simple, bright and inviting for quiet prayer and contemplation.
J

  • opened daily
  • open to the public

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Suitable for teenagers
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Pfarrkirche Riedersbach
Kirchengasse 1
5120 St. Pantaleon

Phone +43 6277 6223
E-Mail gemeinde@st.pantaleon.ooe.gv.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA