Pfarrkirche St. Martin

Peuerbach, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather

The parish is one of the oldest in the "Ob der Enns" region. The parish church in Peuerbach is dedicated to St Bishop Martin of Tours. The church is documented as dating back to 1211 and was built in the Gothic style, as the beautiful, slender pillars still bear witness to today. After the great fire during the turmoil of the Peasants' Wars in 1626, the church was re-vaulted and partially baroqueised. The current presbytery was added in the 17th century. The high altar comes from the workshop of the sculptor Josef Linser from Wilten near Innsbruck. The so-called Kreuzkapelle (Chapel of the Cross) to the north, with its remarkable cross altar, is a particular centrepiece of the church. The Martinsbrunnen fountain is located in front of the church.

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Pfarrkirche St. Martin
Kirchenplatz 19
4722 Peuerbach

Phone +43 7276 2363
E-Mail pfarre.peuerbach@dioezese-linz.at
Web www.dioezese-linz.at/pfarren/peuerb…
http://www.dioezese-linz.at/pfarren/peuerbach

Contact person
Dechant Pfarrer Mag. Hans Padinger

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA